Culvert Policy - Tiffin Township general information in regards to culverts:
1. The land owner will be responsible for the initial cost of the culvert.
2. The culvert length and diameter is determined by the Tiffin Township Trustees.
3. Tiffin Township will be responsible for the complete installation and has the legal responsibility to make all decisions that relate to the installation.
4. One driveway per parcel is allowed which must be to the entrance to the home.
5. Additional culverts that lead into a field, or areas outside the resident's home, will not be paid for by the Township. However, the installation will be the responsibility.
6. Residents who do not comply with this policy set by Tiffin Township will be responsible for the damages to the road, and any cost with installation in the future. In addition the Township will not reimburse the resident for the cost of installation.
7. Additional Information can be viewed by request.
Tiffin Township Disinterment/Exhuming Policy
1. Tiffin Township does not provide a service for disinterment/exhuming.
2. Tiffin Township Board of Trustees must be presented a contract stating name of the party performing the disinterment and their insurance/bond policy for approval by the board. Tiffin Township Board of Trustees will not be responsible for damages due to the contractor providing the disinterment. A signed agreement may be required.
3. Additional information can be viewed by request.
1. Residents of Tiffin Township should at no time work on the township roads. Residents may be held responsible for damages done to the road.
2. All damages done by contractors too Tiffin Township roads will be held responsible for damages (i.e electric companies, water, logging).
A Trustee does more than cutting brush, patching a hole or removing snow. All of those are done by each of us, sometimes late at night. But did you know we apply for grants, attend government meetings, work with our local Prosecutor on legal issues, manage taxpayers dollars, vote on issues within the county and contact Legislators on laws that will effect townships.
We take pride on representing Tiffin Township residents with all of these items listed above.
Experience with government funding, laws and grants are just a few things that are never seen by the residents but essential to the functions of the duty of Trustee and are extremely important to the progress and growth of our Tiffin Township.
We want to say "Thank You" for your continued support.
Tiffin Township will be having clean up day in the Spring of 2022.
No household trash will be accepted. This is for Tiffin residents only.
We are expanding the cemetery and have taken down the fence and new lots are marked. Please stop out and look at the new section and contact a trustee if interested in purchasing.